Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the manufacture of awning and/or marine products for anyone seeking the Master Fabric Craftsman certification, and/or managerial/sales experience in the advanced textiles industry for anyone seeking the Industrial Fabric Manager certification.
Certification must also include an accumulation of 10 credits in the following areas:
- Time in the Industry
- Service on a Board or Committee
- Awards Competition Judge
- College Degree/Technical College/Trade School
- Attend Workshop or Symposium
- Write an article for an industry magazine
Applicants complete an application, sign a Code of Ethics and pay a fee of $250 member / $375 nonmember.
Applicants must successfully complete phases that include a report and a written exam.
Applicants are required to renew their certification designation every 3 years. Renewal includes a fee of $75 member /$150 nonmember, along with the accumulation of 15 credits in the following areas:
- Board or Committee Member
- Attend Workshop/Symposium
- Enter Awards Competition
- Judge for Awards/Certification Program
- Buddy for a Certification Candidate
- Write an article for a magazine
- Technical College/Community College/University course
Master Fabric Craftsman Objectives
Demonstrates superior ability and knowledge of craftsmanship standards required for awning and canopy fabrication and/or marine canvas products, includes designing, fabricating, and installation.
Industrial Fabric Manager Objective
Demonstrates superior knowledge of the principles and practices of business and organizational management.